Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Recipe courtesy of Bruegger's Bagels. I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin... but we were in line at Bruegger's Bagels while waiting to get T's hair cut next door at Snip-It's and they had this recipe out on display. It looked easy, and since CC loves to cook, I figured we could give it a whirl.

Here is the whole recipe. I halved it because I didn't feel the need to make TWO cheesecakes -- and I think the only reason why this is for two (besides a marketing ploy to buy four tubs of cream cheese) is because how do you halve five eggs? I did it... I cracked three eggs, whisked them all together (despite how the recipe said to add one at a time) and estimated how much a half an egg was and chucked the extra half egg.

By the way... from the girl who isn't all that in to pumpkin... it was DEEEE-LISH-OUS...
  • (4) Bruegger's Pumpkin Cream Cheese containers
  • (2) 9" prepared graham cracker crusts
  • 1 ½ cups sugar
  • 5 large eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
Directions

Mix cream cheese until softened in mixer for 1 minute.
Add sugar gradually while maintaining mixing.
Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add eggs one at a time, blending after each addition.
Add vanilla; mix thoroughly.
Pour batter into prepared graham cracker crusts.
Bake at 325° F for 30-35 minutes.
Cool completely, then refrigerate.

Serve with homemade whipped cream.

No comments: