Monday, October 8, 2007

Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins

I found this recipe a long time ago in the Boston Herald. I would venture to guess that it was sometime around 1990. I suppose the recipe dates itself, in a way, since there is no longer such a store as Jordan Marsh. I was working for an environmental company in Cambridge. It was in the earlier days of working at this company. I remember that we were at the old location, and I was still an administrative assistant. It was summer... a lot of people were on vacation, and there was virtually nothing to do. Someone had brought in a Herald, which I thought was cool, since I grew up in a Boston Globe family. The Herald, to me at that age, had all of the entertainment gossip and fun stuff, like regular recipes (not fancy gourmet stuff). Me, being more of a baker at heart, thought this was so cool. I have been using this recipe ever since -- gosh, looking at the year, pretty darn close to 20 years. ACK!
  • ½ cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • ½ cup milk
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 ½ cups blueberries
  • Sugar for tops of muffins
Directions
Cream butter and sugar until fluffy
Add eggs and mix until blended
Sift in dry ingredients
Mix in milk and vanilla
Mash in ½ cup of the blueberries and stir in
Add rest of the blueberries
Grease muffin tins
Spoon batter into muffin tins(Note: these muffins are large and tend to overflow; if you want smaller muffins, use two muffin pans)
Sprinkle tops with sugar
Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes

No comments: