Thursday, May 16, 2013

Grilled Hamburgers


I always thought that to make hamburgers you just smoosh ground beef in to a patty and that's it -- viola, a hamburger.  Sure, I guess you can do that; but I wanted one that would remind me of a restaurant hamburger.  I looked on Pinterest and found this link to a recipe.  I seem to have this recollection that my grandfather used to make burgers with "wooshtisheer" sauce, so when I saw this, I knew that I wanted to try it -- easy but pretty classic.  I threw a slice of Wegman's steakhouse onion cheese on it, and put it on a grilled bun with some ketchup, grainy mustard and some onion -- PERFECTO!
  • 1 lb. lean ground beef
  • 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. onion powder
  • ½ tsp. seasoned salt
  • Cheese, if desired
  • Hamburger rolls or bulkie rolls
DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat grill on high
  2. Mix all ingredients together until evenly combined
  3. Form into 4-5 patties, depending on the size you desire(I made them one-third of a pound and got 4 patties, having started with 1.3 lbs of ground beef)
  4. Place the patties on the grill, turning the grill down to medium-low heat, cooking for 6 minutes per side
  5. Serve on lightly grilled rolls
Adapted from Allrecipes.com

No comments: