Sunday, May 12, 2013

Cucumber Salsa


My friend, Noelle, shared this recipe on Facebook yesterday, and it had me salivating.  I just happened to be going out to Wegman's so I picked up everything I didn't already have to make this Cucumber Salsa.  We had it today as a little appetizer and, can I just say, there is just something I love about cucumber salads.  Just regular cucumbers are good, but you add a little this and a little that, and I just can eat a whole bowl! (My mother-in-law makes a fantastic cucumber salad that I need to get the recipe for -- it's not anything like this, but I think it's what enticed me to want to make this one).  I just LOVE the flavors in this, and shockingly, even Catherine liked it (I didn't tell her about the jalapeno until after she said she liked it... lol).  This is definitely a nice, light treat for the summer!

  • 2 cups finely chopped seeded peeled cucumber
  • ½ cup finely chopped seeded tomato
  • ¼ cup chopped red onion
  • 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
  • 1 jalepeno pepper, seeded and chopped
  • 4½ tsp. minced fresh cilantro
  • 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
  • ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
  • 1½ tsp. lemon juice
  • 1½ tsp. lime juice
  • ¼ tsp. ground cumin
  • ¼ tsp. seasoned salt
  • Tortilla chips
DIRECTIONS
  1. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients.
  2. Toss gently to coat.
  3. Serve immediately with chips.

No comments: