Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Eve -- The Night the Balls Drop



Happy New Year 2014 !!!!!


After a wonderful Christmas meal prepared by my sister-in-law, with the rest of the family there, we realized it had been quite some time, probably last Christmas, since we had a Family Game Night.  With everyone’s busy schedules, we actually figured out that the one night that seemed to be relatively free was New Year’s Eve.  So as not to see it as a sign that we are all getting too old to have amazing plans, we decided to make our own amazing night of family, fun and games!  We expanded our family to include a couple of friends and had ourselves a celebration.

The first question asked was “what’s the theme” – I guess I have made a reputation for myself to create themed game nights.

Over the weekend, I had made Sausage Cheese Balls and for Christmas dessert I made Cream Puffs.  It got me thinking… BALLS!  What happens as we usher in the New Year?  We watch the ball drop.  BALLS!

Attention Family – we have ourselves a theme!

Sausage Cheese Balls Chicken Parmesan Balls
Arancini Balls
Pretzels Balls (using a 1" biscuit cutter)






Krispy Kreme Balls
Cream Puff Ball (renamed by the family as Splooge Balls)
Oreo Truffles



I would also like to thank my super creative sister-in-law, Judi, and my fabulous friend, Dori, for participating (or at least humoring me) with the theme and respectively bringing a Snowball Cake and Sweet and Sour Meatballs.



It was such a fun night of food, playing games, and laughing at utter silliness – including a lot of jokes about balls.  We wrapped up the evening sitting in the living room, watching "New Year’s Rockin’ Eve" and the ball drop in Time Square, followed by the Boston fireworks on tv.

From our family to yours, wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous 2014!

No comments: