Monday, January 20, 2014

Mexican Stuffed Shells




I was a good girl for lunch, but I’m not sure if that held through dinner – although in my defense, I only ate 3 shells.  In my defense, let me also say for the record that I love Mexican food (not that this is a shock to anyone).  I saw this Enchilada Stuffed Shell recipe on Pinterest and made a few modifications, and let me just say – hmmmmmmmmmmm, ummmmmmmmmmmmm, good!

  • Box of large pasta shells (stuffing size), boiled to al dente and cooled
  • 1 jar of salsa
  • 2 lbs. hamburger – browned and drained (seasoned with taco seasoning optional)
  • Large can refried beans
  • 1 cup of shredded cheese (cheddar or pepperjack, more if desired)
  • 1 small onion, finely diced
  • 20 grape tomatoes, diced and quartered (more or less as desired)
  • 2 cups of shredded cheese (again, cheddar or pepperjack)
  • Fresh cilantro
  • Scallions chopped
DIRECTIONS


1.      Spoon a little salsa on the bottom of a large 9x13” pyrex dish.
2.      Brown hamburger until thoroughly browned and drain fat.
3.      In the skillet, mix refried beans, cooked hamburger,1 cup of the shredded cheese, and diced onion until combined.
4.      Using a large scoop, scoop bean/cheese/meat filling into the cooled shells.
5.      Place into pyrex on top of the salsa.
6.      Cover shells with diced tomatoes, the remaining salsa and sprinkle with cilantro and cheese.
7.      Bake covered at 350 till bubbly. 
8.    Top with chopped   

Adapted from Life With the Crust Off blog

No comments: