Thursday, January 3, 2013

Crockpot Asian Chicken


Cold, cold day working from home.  What to have for dinner?  I surfed through Pinterest for "healthy crock pot chicken" recipes and came up with this one.  I had all of the ingredients to throw this in the crock pot.  The original blogger stated that she put it under the broiler before serving; I tried this and it really didn't do anything other than start to dry out the chicken; however mine also didn't come out as "saucy" looking as the picture that was posted.  But, I did use some of the extra sauce from the crockpot to spoon over the chicken.  I served the chicken with some jasmine rice that I made, with some peas and sauteed onions mixed in.  A little bit of the sauce mixed into the rice, and the meal was delicious -- got thumbs up from the hubs!
  • 1 cup pineapple juice
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup light soy sauce
    (I only had regular so I used that, and the nutritional information below is based on that)
  • 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
DIRECTIONS
  1. Cook in crock pot on low 6-8 hours and it should just fall apart.
  2. Serve

Adapted from Life in My Empty Nest blog

Serves Approximately 8
Nutritional Data:
(click to enlarge image)


No comments: