Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Stuffing Crusted Chicken Tenders


Tonight was Wicked Weather Wednesday -- we had a severe weather in the form of tornado warnings followed by a pretty amazing thunder and lightening storm.  We, thankfully, were spared the most severe weather, between our trips to the basement and being glued to the tv at the tornado destruction in Springfield, dinner time had quickly slipped my mind.  (Well, it slips my mind often.  Tonight, I just had a legitimate excuse.)  I found some chicken tenders in the freezer that I was able to quickly defrost, but I wasn't sure what to do with them, other than the usual of coating with bread crumbs, which sometimes tastes "eh".  I quickly searched allrecipes.com and came up with the following.  I added a little egg to help the stuffing adhere to the chicken tenders, and I have to say, I thought this was a pretty good experiment.

The below is the recipe from allrecipes.com (by Lynne B), but I used more chicken tenders, so I kept making more of the stuffing/butter mixture to ensure there was enough for all of the chicken tenders.
  • (1) 9 oz. package of chicken tenderloins
  • ½ cup finely crushed dry stuffing mix
  • 2 Tbsp. melted butter
  • 1 egg
  • Dash of milk or light cream
DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
  2. Line a 9x13" baking dish with foil.  Rinse and pat dry chicken.
  3. Beat egg with milk in one bowl.
  4. In a second bowl, melt butter.  Add dry stuffing mix and combine.
  5. Take each chicken tender and coat with egg mixture and then stuffing mixture and line in the baking dish.
  6. Sprinkle any remaining stuffing mixture over top of chicken tenders.
  7. Bake for 40 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.

No comments: