Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pulled Pork

At the end of the Summer of 2010, my parents came out from Arizona and I hosted a family cookout for the Lindows and Cronins, with a sprinkle of a few Lentinis. My friend Lora suggested that I make her Pulled Pork recipe since it is super easy (turns out, I think she got it from our other friend, Keryn). It was indeed super easy, and a big hit!
  • 10 lbs. pork roast
    (Key Words: Rump Roast, Pork Butt, Pork Loin Roast Center Cut)
  • 1 can Barq's root beer
  • 1 bottle Jack Daniels Original BBQ Sauce
  • 1 bottle Jack Daniels Spicy BBQ Sauce
    (I couldn't find the spicy so I just used another brand that was spicy)
DIRECTIONSPlace pork roast in crockpot and add the can of root beer.
Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
(I had it cook overnight. Lora told me to cook for 10 hours; Keryn's original recipe said 8.5 hours. It's a crockpot... you can't go wrong)
When done cooking, shred the pork and put back into juices remaining in the crockpot.
Add the bottles of BBQ sauce and cook on low for 1-2 hours.

(I actually made this on a Friday night/Saturday morning for a Sunday party. When I added the BBQ sauce, I turned off the crockpot and let it cool down, and then put it in the refrigerator. Sunday morning, I took the crockpot out of the fridge about two hours before party time. I let it come down to room temperature for about an hour before turning on and then cooking on low for about an hour or two. I brought it down to the "keep warm" setting during the party, and served with rolls from Framingham Baking Company. Some people ate the pulled pork on its own, some with the rolls)

No comments: