Sunday, September 19, 2010

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary and Thyme

It was Christmas 2004 and I was getting ready to host my very first Christmas dinner (well, ok, it was Christmas Eve, but it was Christmas for me). Not only was I cooking my first big holiday meal, but I had over 25 people coming. My friend Kerry recommended her pork tenderloin. Over the years, I have added a couple tweaks of my own, and I have always gotten raves. And for the record -- yes, we grilled outside on Christmas Eve!
  • 1 ½ lb. pork tenderloin
  • Sprinkle of Kosher salt
  • Splash of Olive Oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • ½ tsp. McCormick Garlic-Pepper Blend
  • ½ tsp. dried rosemary leaves, crushed
  • ½ tsp. dried thyme leaves
  • Splash of soy sauce
DIRECTIONS
Rub the pork tenderloin with a splash of olive oil.(I say a splash because I keep my olive oil in a plastic squeeze bottle. I use enough to give a moist, oil sheen over the pork tenderloin -- maybe 2 tsp.)
Sprinkle Kosher salt over both sides of pork.
Mince garlic clove over the pork tenderloin, about half of the clove on each side.
Mix the dry ingredients together in a small dish and sprinkle over both sides of the pork.
Splash the pork tenderloin with a little soy sauce
(Like the olive oil, I keep it in a squeeze bottle -- just a quick splash, maybe 1-2 tsp.)

Grill for approximately 20-30 minutes, turning every 8-10 minutes, until 160 degree internal temperature.
(You can also bake in a 425 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes)Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.

No comments: