Saturday, December 24, 2011

Triple Chocolate Oreo Chunk Cookies


My friend Martha hosted her 2nd Annual Cookie Swap for a combination of our friends and her friends.  There were over 20 different types of cookies represented this year.  The weekend before, I started searching the internet for a different kind of cookie -- different from what I have ever made before, and different from what the other ladies would be bringing.  I googled "oreo", since I had them on my mind.  I'm not sure if I thought that I would try making a homemade Oreo, or what, but I came across this recipe that called for crunched up Oreos, plus white chocolate -- two of my favorites.  With Catherine and LaDawna's help the weekend before, we made up this delicious cookie.

  • 2½ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • ¼ tsp. salt
  • ¾ cup cocoa
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup chopped white chocolate (or chips)
  • 1 cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate (or chips)
  • 1 cup chopped Oreo cookies
DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat. Set aside. 
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. Set aside. 
  3. With a mixer on medium speed, cream the butter and sugars together until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla extract. Mix until blended well, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. 
  4. Slowly add the flour mixture and mix just until the flour disappears. Stir in the chocolate and Oreos. Drop cookie dough by scant ¼ cups onto the baking sheet. 
  5. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Don’t over bake – if the cookies are set around the outside but still soft in the middle, they’re ready to come out. Remove from the oven and let sit on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.
NOTE:  Recipe called for dutch processed cocoa, but I used regular Hershey’s.  I’m not sure if it made a difference or not.


Adapted from:  

No comments: