Sunday, March 30, 2014

Garlic-Mexican Crema Dressing



Sunday night… didn’t really have much of a lunch today – kind of napped through it.  After dropping off the kids, I came home to my lovely husband making big salads.  He wanted to add a side of leftover turkey and pasta, however I had other leftover ideas in mind.  I wanted my big salad to have some of the leftover taco meat on it.  Add a little spicy cheese, add a little guacamole, add a little salsa… it was wrapping up to be a fantastic dinner.  Just needed to figure out what kind of dressing to put on it, but keeping it healthy.  About two months ago, I had found a recipe on Pinterest for a Chopped Salad with this Garlic-Mexican Cream Dressing.  I kept it on my desktop meaning to make it for weeks, even having bought the Mexican crema.  Finally, tonight, I realized this BIG SALAD would be PERFECT.  I made a simple substitution – Greek yogurt for a mayonnaise.   It was delicious on top of my taco salad!



  • ½ cup Mexican crema
  • ½ cup yogurt
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. ground black pepper
  • 3 Tbsp. Hood Fat Free Smart Milk

DIRECTIONS

  1. Whisk together the Mexican crema, yogurt, minced garlic, salt, and ground black pepper in a small bowl.
  2. Stir in milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency.



Adapted from La Cocina de Leslie blog


Nutritional Data Calculated from MyFitnessPal:


Factored using the salt called for in the original recipe (1 tsp.), but in the future, I would reduce by half -- therefore the sodium should be only 210.

No comments: