Sunday, February 10, 2013

Stove Top Stuffing Meatloaf

Blizzard Nemo 2013 -- the day after.  After spending all of yesterday plowing out, Jimmy spent today raking all of the snow off the roof to avoid our annual ice dam issues.  We need comfort food -- diets be damned.  A couple of weeks ago, Catherine had sent me a FB PM and all it said was STOVE TOP MEATLOAF.  Ever since then, it was picking at the back of my brain.  While she was at dance today, I went to BJ's and saw "meatloaf meat" -- a mix of ground beef, pork and veal.  I had always wanted to try it, and knew today was the day.  I went on Pinterest and found the recipe Catherine had found.  Talk about super easy!  I made a few modifications, adding eggs (since I've never heard of a meatloaf that didn't have it as a binder) and substituting ketchup and worcestershire sauce for the steak sauce; but other than that, DOOOOOOOOOOOOOLISH!

  • 2.5 lbs. meatloaf meat
  • 8 oz. stove top
  • 2/3 cup hot water
  • ¼ cup ketchup
  • 1/8 cup worcestershire sauce
  • 2 eggs
  • BBQ sauce -- enough to brush over top of meatloaf
    (I used Wegman's Brown Sugar BBQ)
DIRECTIONS
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Mix together all ingredients, EXCEPT the BBQ sauce
  3. Shape into a loaf and place in a greased loaf pan.
    (I used 4 mini loaf pans)
  4. Brush top of each loaf with BBQ sauce and bake, uncovered, for 45 min to an hour
    (Internal temperature of the meatloaf should be 170 degrees)

Adapted from The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife blog

No comments: