Saturday, July 7, 2012

Mai Tai


About a month ago, Jimmy and I went to Fusion Cuisine for dinner, where I got a Mai Tai to drink.  Getting Mai Tai's at Chinese restaurants has always been one of those special things that I never thought I would be able to make for myself at home.  Thinking that set me on a mission to give it a try.  I found a recipe on allrecipes.com and gave it a try tonight.  I was shocked that it actually tasted like one I would get at a restaurant.  Pretty dang good for my first try!
  • ½ cup light rum
  • ¼ cup dark rum
  • ¼ cup 151 proof rum
  • ¼ cup triple sec
  • ¼ cup amaretto
  • ¼ cup simple syrup
  • 2 limes, juiced
  • 2 cups orange juice
  • Splash of grenadine*
Mix all ingredients together and shake.  Serve over ice.

Yields about 6-8 servings

*  The original recipe on allrecipes.com says not to use grenadine, but I just added a quick splash to give the same color/flavor of what I'm used to having when I go out.

No comments: